Thursday, October 06, 2022

Staff member suffered minor injuries and two other employees were treated for smoke inhalation at Panorama Mediclinic

A staff member at Panorama Mediclinic in Cape Town suffered minor injuries, and two other employees were treated for smoke inhalation, after a fire broke out at the hospital on Thursday morning.

‘’At approximately 07:40 on Thursday, 6 october 2022, a fire broke out within the kitchen of the coffee shop at Mediclinic Pamaroma,’’ read the statement from Mediclinic Southern Africa.


PICTURE SUPPLIED


The City of Cape Town’s Fire & Rescue Services, Jermaine Carelse, said a minor flare up started following the initial fire.

 ‘’The original fire started in the chip fryer of the kiosk and subsequently spread into the ducting. The passages were smoke logged and had to be ventilated.  A secondary fire was discovered on the ground floor at 08:46 and extinguished with the internal hose reel.’’

PICTURE SUPPLIED

Following the incident, various wards in the vicinity of the fire were temporarily evacuated and patients have since been returned to their units. No patients were injured.

PICTURE SUPPLIED


‘’We would like to thank all the supporting services for their efficient support towards ensuring that the situation was swiftly brought under control,’’ said Mediclinic Southern Africa

 

Done By: Mitchum George

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Ilmainen www-laskuri