An elderly man sustained injuries in a fire

Lauren Snyders
1 April 2012

An elderly man has sustained burn injuries after a fire took place in his room at an old age home in Turfontein.

Johannesburg emergency services spokesperson Robert Malaudzi said it is believed that the man was sleeping in his room at the Moffart View old age home when the fire started at 22:00.

Mulaudzi said that firefighters had to break the door to save him.

The elderly man sustained burns to his hands and was taken to the Baragwanath hospital.

It is believed that a candle might have caused the fire.

Comments

Popular Posts